Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Chingu Janelle

For many teachers abroad, the six-month mark is a time of emotional vomit. Miscommunication isn't funny anymore, the food is weird and people still haven't realized that you have a space bubble ("You didn't see me standing here or do you think you can walk through people?").

Yes, it was an emotional time, mostly because I miss people back home and I'm already dreading my goodbye with my wonderful friends here. But my fears of goodbyes were shelved with my occupation of a big HELLO to Janelle Jenison, a treasured friend (chingu), who's come to teach English, too!


Besides being a remarkable harmonica player, Janelle is a proud member of the Decadox, the house we lived in with 10 girls our senior year at Biola in California. I'm so excited about her being here and all the memories we'll make in Asia together. Welcome to Korea, Janelle!


No comments:

Post a Comment